Monday, June 4, 2007

Quota..Quota..Quota

On my way to the office this morning I caught the news on Higveld 94.7 and for the millionth and tenth time I had to hear..."It does not represent the South African population"

Apparently some-one (I always wonder who this "some-one" is) complained to the producesors of the upcoming Survivor SA that the first Survivor SA did not reflect the true mixture of the SA population...

What a load of bull... We are now in year 13 of our new democracy..Get over the racial issue..Why make every single issue a political issue? I enjoyed the previous Survivor SA and did not see male, female, black or white but just a group of South Africans and I'm a white boertjie from Pretoria.

People sometimes ask me if I'm Afrikaans or 'n boer and I then answer them proudly "No I'm an African"

Leave politics to the politicians and just give us great entertainment. No matter how or who the team consist of. Don't politicians have other more important issues to address, like unemployment, crime and housing?

No comments: