Monday, April 16, 2007

The Sir Thomas Cullinan Restarant

Sunday, 8 April 2007

Hanria was in the mood for a drive and leisurely lunch and opted to drive to Cullinan, just about 35 km from where we stay and we invited my mother and father in law to join us.

The restaurant is a big attraction for the "biker" crowd. I did not feel to drive out to Cullinan but Hanria persuaded me and I must say I was impressed with the location and the ambiance of the restaurant.

A friendly waiter greeted us and handed us a menu with quite a wide selection of dishes. I opted for the Oxtail and Hanria for the Lamb curry. My father in law had a steak and my mother in law an eisbein.

The eisbein was huge to say the least and I was told that is was great. Lets rather not talk about the other dishes but I suggest not to order them when you visit.

The service became less efficient and much slower as the number of people entering the restaurant increased. My guess a shortage of staff, but, why must this be my problem.

In short..Will I go again..Maybe if I have nowhere else to go
Sometimes it's just that specific day or your mood that influence the service but no excuse for the quality of the food, which was poor.

My rating (1 Bad 5 Great) is 2

See their location on My Maps.

Witten by: Jacques Bezuidenhout

No comments: